Emergency Dentistry Near Ottewell
Dental emergencies can be dreadful. Though we can’t predict when such events will occur, there are symptoms we can keep an eye out for and, when they manifest, we will know that the time has come to seek urgent care.
Our community dental practice offers emergency dentistry near you. So, if you find yourself in a sticky situation, don’t hesitate to come in and see our staff as soon as you can.
Common Dental Emergencies
Even though dental issues come in all shapes and sizes, there are many common problems that dentists deal with on a regular basis. They are:
- Knocked out teeth.
- Cysts or abscesses.
- Teeth that are broken or cracked.
- Chronic bleeding.
- Your dental crown or filling has fallen out.
- Broken orthodontics.
Other problems can include the need for an immediate root canal or tooth extraction, having debris stuck between your teeth, and sustaining wounds to your lips, cheeks, or tongue.
If you find yourself in this position, go see your dentist as soon as possible to receive emergency dentistry in Edmonton. They will thoroughly evaluate your teeth and gums and take some x-rays to properly identify the degree of treatment you need to get things back to normal.
Avoiding Dental Emergencies
Preventative dentistry is just as important as cosmetic and restorative dentistry because it helps us preserve our smile and saves us the worry of having to undergo potentially costly treatments in the future.
With that said, here are some steps you can take to help reduce any damage to your teeth:
- Wearing a mouth guard, mainly when you’re playing sports like basketball, hockey, and rugby.
- Wearing a night guard. This stops you from grinding your teeth while you sleep, which can erode your enamel.
- Brushing after you eat. This keeps bacteria from amalgamating and turning into a cavity.
- Attending regular cleanings.
- Not eating foods that are super hard or crunchy.
- Not using your teeth to open things.
We Provide Emergency Dentistry Near You!
At Holyrood Dental, your oral health and well-being matter to us. If you require our assistance for any issue, urgent or otherwise, please come in and see us! Our team is excited to work with you!